WELCOME is working hard to break down the barriers between 5 different major EU startups ecosystems (Berlin, Dublin, Milan, Madrid and Salamanca). Teaming up with local partners present in these ecosystems to identify and engage the most relevant players of the tech entrepreneurial world (e.g. investors, mentors, media, corporates, successful entrepreneurs, etc.) and connect them with prospective, emerging and successful tech startups. In addition WELCOME also aims to bridge the divide between the tech entrepreneurial world and policy makers.
WELCOME is realising its objectives through the execution of a large set of activities aimed at the different stages of the startup lifecycle. The project was inspired by the change in mentality suggested by the Startup Manifesto.
The final goal is to create a Pan-European startup ecosystem in which every entrepreneur in each of the local ecosystems feels at home and interconnected.
Furthermore, WELCOME is connecting Europe with Silicon Valley and thus offering more opportunities for tech startups to truly go global.
WELCOME will also run:
- Accelerator Assembly, an innovative network to support and promote web-friendly accelerators in Europe, delivering an industry-led forum with maximum pan-European reach and impact.
- Unicorns Forum, to gather a European community of “Billion-Euro” startups (SE Unicorn Forum) and bring them together to share best practices, understand global web entrepreneurship trends and reflect on future models for supporting entrepreneurs.
- Startup Europe University Network, a European community of universities and business/scientific parks with an entrepreneurial perspective.
- Startup Europe Nations High Level Group, a forum for Member-States to discuss and share best practices for supporting tech entrepreneurship across Europe.
- Business and Angels, Pan-European network of Crowdfunding Platforms.
- Startup Europe Summit, the pop-up conference for European startups in Berlin.
- Startup Ole, the biggest entrepreneurial event connecting Salamanca, Spain, to the rest of Europe.
Prospective web and mobile entrepreneurs to be reached.
Early stage startups supported through Welcome activities to launch their operations