EU Roadshow 2015 Testimonials
What an incredible year its been for this 6 lucky startups!
By being selected to the WELCOME Roadshow, they got the chance to go to:
- Silicon Valley for the MTB Startup School and full immersion
- Dublin for Web Summit
- Milan for SMAU International
- Madrid for the Tetuan Valley demo day
- Berlin for the Startup Europe Week
All the travelling and networking activities organized were at no cost for the entrepreneurs as WELCOME covered all travel, accommodation, and subsistence expenses. Here is what the 6 selected startups had to say:
- VIDEONA, a video recording, editing, and sharing application designed for millennials, described their roadshow experience as a chance to network, gain visibility, and build friendships. “The roadshow helped us get to know amazing startups from other cities in Europe and a first glance of San Francisco, which is a great environment for startups. WELCOME project is awesome to begin to build relations in USA and to increase your network in Europe”
- OPENBACK, a B2B automated service that is able to increase mobile app user retention, said the WELCOME project was a great way to get exposure to the European eco-system. They said the roadshow was exciting and the perfect way to connect globally.
- ARTOMATIX, an art automation service for the gaming industry, said the roadshow was beneficial and informative as it gave them an opportunity to meet investors and fellow entrepreneurs. “We met some international peers that had already gone through experience that were just around the corner for us. For example, we received advice on how to make a successful Horizon2020 submission from someone who had a winning application!”.Artomatix stated that all startups that are about to raise seed round can benefit from meeting potential Angel investors. “Be impressive. Ensure you´re solving a problem in a big market with a great team”. For Artomatix, WELCOME gave them a unique opportunity to intermingle and learn from foreign startup ecosystems – “It´s a great stepping stone to the path of internationalizing your startup!”
- KOPJRA, from Milan, is a SaaS service for copyright infringement detection. Their experience gave them a chance to get acquainted to the European and Silicon Valley environment and anticipate their company’s presence in its future markets. Their advice to future applicants? Be proud and show you are proud of your achievements, but never forget to be eager for more. “WELCOME project is you, the startups building the new Europe”
- PAPEM, the mobile application that finds you fashion store offers, also found the roadshow to be fun and a great chance to learn and network. “It gave us a chance to meet and share ideas with talented entrepreneurs and experienced mentors from all over the world.” Their advice for future applicants is to communicate your vision and why your product is game-changing.
- GROUP ESTATE, a portal allowing users to form groups to buy or renovate properties, said their experience was broadening, engaging, and inspirational. The roadshow allowed them to get inspired by the dynamism of startups across Europe and Silicon Valley. Group Estate believes that early stage startups with little investment and interested in expanding to other EU countries should definitely apply. Their advice? “Explain how you can practically implement your idea in one of the roadshow locations. WELCOME project is a showcase of great cities and amazing startups.
In conclusion, we gathered valuable and impressive feedback from the participating startups. Let´s make the next cycle even better!
Applications for 2016 close TOMORROW! Apply now!